Temporal sampling/data updates

Hi,

I just had a few questions about the data ingestion/creation, and whether the plan is to update datasets hosted on the ESDL?

I understand that data were aggregated to 8-day time intervals and then assigned 1 date value. Is this date value the mid-point of the aggregated data? E.g. if the date if 13th January, is this an average of values from 9th-16th January (using 13th as a midpoint), or from the 6th-13th (13th as the last value)?

Additionally, a number of the datasets have now been extended (e.g. the Monthly Burnt Area product in the ESDL is only available up to 2014, yet the original data is now available up the present) - are there plans to update datasets in the ESDL?

Many thanks,
Ollie

Just wondered if anyone had any idea about this? Updating datasets isn’t an issue as I can do this myself, but understanding the 8-day aggregation method is pretty essential in aligning other datasets. I’m thinking the end of each 8-day period is used as the date value, but this means that at the start of the year the value for the 5th January is only comprised of 5 dates. If anyone could confirm this, this would be a great help.

Many thanks,
Ollie

Hi Olli,

EDIT: Have a look at the time_bnds The last time point is set to the 364th day of the year. This allows teh first period to be 8 days (30.12.-5-1-).Thus, in this version the date in time is the start point of the time period.

Further, the cube update is overdue. What variables are you interested in?