Early Adopters: Register for Phi Week by 25th July!

This is a reminder for the Early Adopters to immediately register for ESA’s Phi Week (it’s free) at https://phiweek.esa.int/esa-eo-phi-week-2019/registration/Site/Register, if you plan to attend the dedicated ESDL side event on 11th September (I strongly encourage you to do so - the entire ESA Phi Week is an exciting event). The registration deadline is 25th July and the “first come, first served priniple” is applied! Do not hesitate to contact us in case you have any further questions!

Today is the last chance to register for this year’s Phi week! Do not forget to select the ESDL side event "Exploring the “Earth System Data Lab: Co-Designing the Data Cube Idea”!

Hi,
Today I recieved an email saying that my registration was not confirmed. I did pre register early so I dont know what to do.
Thank you in advance

1 Like

The same thing happened to me.
We registered way in advance but the registration was not confirmed.

How should we proceed?

Maximiliano

just a brief info: I registered on June 19th and I did not get any email until now that said that my registration was not confirmed. it is kind of strange that they cancel the registration of some people… never heard that before.

I also got the same email:

Dear Sir or Madame

Unfortunately we are not in a position to reconfirm your pre-registration as we received an overwhelming demand to join thephiweek.esa.int, being way beyond the uptake capability of the ESA/ESRIN site. As a result, for security and safety reasons we are now constrained to strictly limit the access to the site.

Hi, I also received the same e-mail.

Hi, me too.
I got the email yesterday.

Dear Early Adopters,

I am very sorry to hear about your unsuccessful registrations! We are in contact with ESA to sort out the situation and to find a solution. We will keep you informed here!

If you are an Early Adopter and have received a negative response from Phi week, please send an email with your full name to early.adopter@earthsystemdatalab.net as soon as possible. We will then make sure that you can participate in the event! Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused on your side!

ESA is currently taking care of this issue and you should have received (or will receive in the coming days) a positive reply from the Phi Week organisers. Please contact us again via email in case you do not hear anything anything from ESA by 20th August.

Hi, i havent recieved anything from ESA yet, i tried to write to you vía the email you told us, but it says that email doesnt exist.

Dear organisers,

I wanted to ask what we should prepare for the side event of the ESA Phi-Week?

I look forward to seeing you there! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Laura

Dear all,

indeed we are working on an agenda.

Please be prepared to present your work! Please also bring the notebooks with you, or at least have them ready so we can look at them together.

More this week!

Miguel

Dear all,

in preparation of the Phi-week side event on the ESDL there are coupled of issued to discuss:

1. The goals of the workshop are:
    – Get to know each other, understand what others are doing, team up etc.
    – Give us and the ESA feedback on the ESDL. In particular, we need to know how can we best develop the ESDL into the future to make it a really cool tool for your research. What is missing? What do we need? Where are the obstacles?
    – Outline new research together and propose it to the ESA or develop it further in different contexts

2. Your presentations: We would like you to present your project. Please send me the title and co-authors of your presentation with this topic in the Subject line: [ESDL][EA Workshop] to by user name as it appears here @bgc-jena.mpg.de .We would expect that each of the projects provides us with information on the
    – scientific question(s)
    – methods and data sets
    – results
    – discussion
    – feedback on the ESDL: outlook and future

3. Please be also prepared to show your notebooks! We would like to see how your code looks like and how you use the ESDL.

4. The ESA had asked us to prepare a webstory for the ESA website which we did. Besides the generic story they also want to highlight one or two of you. I would ask who is of you would like to be highlighted and is ready to share a figure online plus one or two paragraphs on your project? Please also send me a very quick email with subject [ESDL][web story] so we can work on the integration of this to our main story. If too many people respond to this, we would need to select two complementary approaches and/or try to highlight more of your research :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

Miguel

Dear all, please respond if you have not done so yet… We want to make a nice program. Cheers, Miguel

How much time are we going to have for our presentation?

20 minutes for now… ok?

Hi all,

please find here a preliminary agenda

Looks great! Looking forward to see you in Frascati!

Miguel

1 Like

BTW: I do not have all twitte-accounts from you - please send them to me